- GU Pathology
- Hematopathology / Oncology
Expert GU Pathology Consultation Service
Building on Dr. Adnan Savera’s expertise, PLUS offers a nationwide GU pathology diagnostic and patient management consultation service delivering accurate and rapid results for superior patient care. This service is offered to urologists, patients and pathologists who are seeking second opinion or consultations for a variety of routine and challenging urologic specimens.
Why a second opinion?
Skill and experience level of a GU pathologist play a vital role in interpretation of urologic specimens, particularly prostate needle biopsy and prostatectomy specimens.
Second opinion by an expert GU pathologist often results in a significant change in the initial diagnosis that may have a drastic impact on treatment and prognosis.
Based on Dr. Savera’s experience and current literature some of the most significant scenarios when an expert second opinion is sought and/or recommended are:
- Equivocal diagnosis- Atypical/ASAP
- Small focus of prostate cancer on biopsy
- Issues regarding Gleason grading
- Grading and staging of prostatectomy
- Diagnostic issues of bladder biopsies
Referring Urologists, Pathologists and Patients are offered:
- Case/slide review and consultation with an expert GU pathologist
- Rapid, efficient and informative reporting–routine cases interpreted within 24 hours of receipt
- State of the art, CAP accredited laboratory
- Extraordinary customer service
- Convenient requisition and billing options
To request an Expert GU Pathology Second Opinion/Consultation, please click here.